As a member of the Energy Trading Team you will be responsible for providing trade support to the energy traders with the aim of evolving into a junior trader. This includes support for the execution of trades, which will require extensive involvement in the pre and post trade processes, including trade booking, monitoring position and P&L check. You will be part of the trading team and will interact with external entities and internally with the Sales, Operations and Risk teams. In addition to the day to day business, you will also be heavily involved in project work, helping formulate ideas, development of new trading strategies, development of pricing models and the continual growth of the business.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all trades executed are entered completely & accurately into the risk management systems
- Performing core start-of-day and end-of-day controls to ensure risk is correctly represented for Front Office
- Working with senior traders and liaising closely with sales team and inter-dealer broker
- Assist the traders in all aspects of their jobs mainly working on the distillates book but also covering across crude, lights end, Fuel oil and other energy products.
- Assist with trade executions, futures and OTC products
- Determining market sentiment via research, valuation and data analysis
- Understand P&L and positions
- Develop and understand market making strategies and assist in identifying trade opportunities
- To learn how to make prices on multiple derivative products
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, risk management or relevant subject.
- Strong academic achievement ie. First Class honours desirable.
- Advanced qualification in finance (e.g. CFA, MSc) would be desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and VBA;
- Strong python knowledge desirable (other statistical programming a plus)
- Excellent numeracy, analytics, combined with strong communication skills.
- Advanced aptitude for problem solving and multitasking
- Solid understanding of derivatives
- Experience within a commodity trading environment
- Experience across multiple energy products desirable (such as Oil, Gas & Power)
- Strong interest in trading
- Be able to learn quickly in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Detail oriented, organized, diligent, rigorous
- Strong understanding of math, probability, and statistics